To Illustrate: to clarify, explain or describe, through the use of pictures, diagrams or words, a concept or problem.

The concept is food: an amateur's illustration.

Friday 24 February 2012

New Covent Garden Soup Challange

I am a big fan of soup. On a cold February day what can be more warming and comforting than a bowl of piping hot soup with a crusty buttered baguette? Whether it is tinned soup or fresh - nothing can beat it. One brand which I do love is New Covent Garden Soup Co. I think the traditional soup flavours are strong, and the experimental flavours work. They are hearty and fresh and the cartons which they come in, are beautifully illustrated. Currently, they are running a "Soup of the Month Competition" where customers and soup lovers have the opportunity to get their favourite soup recipes onto the supermarket shelves.  This month's flavour is Red Pepper and Pear, admittedly I have not been tempted to try, the thought of the pear and pepper combination confuses me slightly but seeing as it's lent and I have promised to try new flavours, and February is almost over and the soup will come off the shelves, this Covent Garden Soup will be at the top of my shopping list this weekend. The competition slot which is currently open is for August and the theme is "Fete's, Festivals & Shows" and I have decided that I am going to enter. I have got until the 15th March to come up with a themed recipe so I better get my soup thinking hat on (I will update my progress on the blog) but in the meantime I am going to have a bowl instead - carrot and coriander with homemade croutons! nom. my favourite.


Homemade Croutons
Ingredients
4 tablespoons butter

  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 3 (3/4 inch thick) slices French bread, cut into cubes

Recipe
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add bread cubes, and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and dry. Check frequently to prevent burning. Cool.


(sourced:http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garlic-croutons/)

No comments:

Post a Comment